Anchorage Group understands that many people are concerned about how their personal information that companies may collect and retain may be used, and accordingly Anchorage Group is committed to ensuring the privacy and security of any information that the company holds about its customers. Anchorage Group is committed to the National Privacy Principles and to complying with the Commonwealth Privacy Act.
The sort of information that Anchorage Group collects
We collect information (‘the Information’) in a number of ways, including:
- when customers purchase online;
- when customers register their product warranty, either by posting in registration cards or by registering on-line on our web-site;
- when customers submit an enquiry or book a service call;
- consumers respond to promotional offers or competitions.
Why your information is collected and how it is used by Anchorage Group
Anchorage Group collects the Information to provide you with the specific services you require and to administer these services, such as those mentioned above, and we wish to ensure that our service levels are always of the highest standard. Anchorage Group also uses the Information:
- to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you explicitly request. (Note: If at any time you receive material that you did not request or if you no longer want to receive such material, see correcting and updating your profile below)
- to promote and market to you details of other products and services which we consider may be of interest to you, including information about special offers and competitions; and
- for our internal marketing, research and analysis purposes to assist us in better understanding our market, our customers, their needs and their views about our products and services.
Disclosure of personal information
Anchorage Group will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply personal information to third parties outside our organisation without your consent except where:
- such disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988;
- Anchorage Group is required or authorised by law to disclose information;
- Anchorage Group has outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you.
For purpose of research or analysis, Anchorage Group develops aggregate or summary (i.e. not individual) reports which incorporate some of the Information. These reports do not include any personally identifiable information.
Security of personal information
Anchorage Group takes all reasonable care to keep the Information secure and confidential, and to keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Anchorage Group has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under our control. These security measures include:
- restricting and securing access to Anchorage Group’s databases and to this end we shall implement appropriate safeguards;
- unauthorised use of or access to the Information by our employees, contractors or agents will be regarded as a serious breach of our policy and will be subject to appropriate disciplinary or other action.
Correcting and updating your profile
Anchorage Group wishes to ensure that the information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. Should the personal particulars which you have lodged with us change or are incorrect, please advise us, especially if we are to provide requested services without disruption. If you wish to gain access to or correct the Information that Anchorage Group has collected about you, or you wish to be removed from any of Anchorage Group’s mailing lists or databases, or you wish to request that you no longer receive information from Anchorage Group, or you wish cancel or amend services to which you subscribe, you may contact Anchorage Group directly by telephone, e-mail, fax or post. You may be required to submit your request in writing for security reasons.
- Please note that if at any time Anchorage Group is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, Anchorage Group must cooperate fully.